Ready to start over in 2017? Hold on sista! Before moving into 2017, you have to first deal with the good, bad and ugly of this year! It’s so enticing to start a new year especially when it means a clean slate and a brand new start. But first you have to look at the lessons of this year, clear the space and open yourself up for opportunity in the new year.
Here are the three areas of focus to establish clarity and allow abundance in 2017.
1) YOUR MONEY
Go through and check your finances. What did you spend the most money on this year? What expenses could you do without. What areas did you excel in financially? What was your mindset around money this year that you can change for next year.
- Make a list of your top 3 income streams
- Set some goals around these top sources for next year. Don’t reinvent the wheel.
- List your top 3 referral sources
- Areas of weakness
- Promotions, Strategies or Products that were not successful
- Identify if they failed due to lack of effort on your part or lack of value/need from your tribe.
- If lack of effort do you have the time, energy and resources to invest to make this successful
- What is the ROI?
- List missed opportunities in 2016
- Identify what was the reason for missing each opportunity
2) YOUR VIRTUAL AND MENTAL SPACES-
unsubscribe – Let’s be honest we sign up for all kinds of things and our inbox ends up looking more like a junk box. We don’t even want to deal with going in there because all the noise is overwhelming. I use https://unroll.me/ to get back my inbox and unsubscribe from things that no longer serve me or my business.
Ask people to unsubscribe – Yes I actually do send an email that says “let’s break up” I don’t want anyone on my list not getting value and not opening my emails. It doesn’t help me rank well with my email providers either to have a large volume of cold subscribers. Plus mentally it’s discouraging to see low open rates because of people who really should not be on your list.
3) YOUR PHYSICAL SPACES –
Declutter your desk. Get rid of old notes that you didn’t look at all 2016. If you’ve never used it in that past 3 months. Guess what you aren’t going to use those notes. PURGE.
✨Declutter your home – Check out Allie Casazza at The Purposeful Housewife she’s got a ton of tips on how to clear out things in your home and help you learn to live with less. I’ve worked through a lot of her minimalist approaches and it really has made room for LIFE!!!
How do you clear out your life and business for the New Year? Comment below.